(fwd) PC EPROM burner schematics/software now up!

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Thu Mar 26 1998 - 10:38:17 EST

Here is the posting I saw:

-- forwarded message --
From: larwe@one.net.au
Newsgroups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,sci.electronics,aus.electronics
Subject: PC EPROM burner schematics/software now up!
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 03:09:27 -0600

The parallel version of my EPROM reader/burner project is now fully documented
at <http://www.zws.com/products/eprom_burner.html>. You can download
schematics, assembly instructions and software, and see photos of the
prototype hardware. This version is suitable for DOS only (it works inside
OS/2 DOS boxes, and in Win95/Win3.x DOS boxes, but this is not recommended).
It reads and burns 2764, 27128, 27256, 27512, 27010, 27020, 27040 EPROMs and
reads 831000 mask ROMs, making it very useful for the arcade collector up to
vintage 1989 or so 8-) The software and hardware design are free for all to
use. Any reasonably competent hobbyist can build this kit for around USD$25 in
parts and a couple of hours assembly and testing time. You can bookmark that
URL, because it is guaranteed not to move (and there are going to be software
updates posted there quite soon).

Enormous thanks to Payman Habibelahi and Steven Murray.

The serial version of the burner, and the Macintosh control software, will
probably be ready for prime time around about next weekend. At the same time,
I will release V2.0.1 of the software, supporting Motorola S-Record and Intel
HEX format files (current version supports binary dumps only).

If anyone has pinouts for the larger 16-bit ROMs and EPROMs used on modern
games, PLEASE EMAIL ME. V3.0 of the hardware will DEFINITELY support these
larger chips (as well as flash devices, I hope, and maybe PALs/GALs if you're
*really* lucky).

Also, if anyone has a list of manufacturer and part codes for the A9
auto-identify protocol, please email me. My regular address is sysadm@zws.com,
I just use this address