RE: Round 2 CineMenu

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Mar 27 1998 - 11:46:06 EST

> Clay, where can I get that dual 12-bit parallel DAC? I may have to get
> this
> stuff working in my Space Duel - I can't wait much longer to play :-)

It's two, *two*, TWO DACs in one! ;-) Sorry, weird mood this morning...

Anyway, if the Cinematronics H/W has more or less two separate busses
for the DACs, you might just want to use a pair of singles. Depends on
how they update 'em.

You can get Analog Devices stuff (like the AD7247A) from Hamilton
Hallmark. Try:

http://www.hh.avnet.com/parts_master/query.html

If you're just going to try to make one unit you might want to try to
use the Maxim parts. (I think I liked the MAX502-- Voltage out, +-10V
output, 12-bit parallel load).

Usually if you ask the Maxim webpage for samples it'll send you two of
what you request. ;-)

-Clay