CineMenu 3rd try

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Sun Mar 29 1998 - 20:02:24 EST

Clay wrote:
> I can do the timing test if you modify the code. Can a "space" in
> Cinematroics-land be a draw with the beam off? (that's what I did with
> the Sega stuff for experimentation-- just draw a character-width line
> with the color guns off...)

  No, there is no way to draw a line with the beam off. You can only move
fast with it off or slow with it on. I added a delay loop after it sends
the beam toward the start of the text, this delay can be changed by
editing the byte at $40A - it is currently set to $30 (I think). If there
are still problems, you can edit menu.all and run the split macro, burn
new roms... (sorry, I really should be doing this myself, OTOH 3 tries
isn't bad).
  I also added the code to flip the intensity on durring "dead" time, so
checking the duty cycle of the brightness signal will tell the percent
of CPU time being used (this will be maxed for "war of the worlds"). This
can be measured at PIN 11 of the 74LS259 at board location F2 or pin 14 of
the video connector. If I'm not mistaken, you can just connect +5V to the
main board and nothing else to take this measurement.
  Mark are you reading this? You've got actual multigame hardware that
this thing should work with. Give it a shot, it doesn't seem to blow
anything up :-)

  In case we forgot where to grab the rom data:
          http://www.oakland.edu/~phkahler/cinemenu/

  BTW, I put in my order for a couple MAX502s to build a Cine->Atari gizmo.

Thanks,

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.