RE: Dedicated Major Havoc (A Story)

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Mar 30 1998 - 11:53:35 EST

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Clay Cowgill wrote:

> Congrats! Is ISPCON now what BBSCON used to be? I talked at BBSCON a
> few times in the early years (like '92-'94 ;-) but the give-aways were
> always more like a "28.8 modem" and stuff. ;-)

Yup -- same thing. It's big business now though. The money vendors pour into
entertainment is stunning. One company rented out the Baltimore aquarium for
a St. Patrick's day party, open bar & food throughout the building.

> Jack Rickard (publisher of Boardwatch) always had this big red Hummer (I
> suppose "big" is redundant when describing a Hummer) at the shows in
> Colorado. Pretty cool prize! (Beware of the income tax on the win!)
(That's why I'm trying to sell the beast)

Hummer was his idea. Last one they had to split the vendor floor into
multiple rooms, and they were looking for a way to get people to the various
floors. Story is, he looked out the window at the people gawking at his
Hummer, and said "Too bad we can't just park the Hummer up there". So they
did. THe whole point is to get people around the vendor floor, and it works.

(OK folks --this got more off-topic than I anticipated. Sorry)

OBV: Got my LV2000's today. Can't wait to start burning my fingers on the
sodlering iron again . . .

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/