Re: Cine/VB game release dates

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 13:30:25 EST

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998 18:20:15 -0800 (PST), aek@spies.com (Al Kossow) wrote:

>I'm slowly trying to fill in the month of release for the
>games in the bronzeage list, and thought maybe someone on
>this list would know 1) when the cine - vectorbeam split
>happened and vectorbeam's Space War came out, 2) when
>they merged again, and if these release dates are right
>
>Space Wars cin Oct,1977 (AMOA show)
>Space War vb ??,1978 ?
>Scramble vb Oct,1978 (mentioned in AMOA show summary)
>Barrier vb ??,1979
>Speed Freak vb Mar,1979 (mentioned in Vending Times)
>Star Hawk cin Mar,1979 (mentioned in Vending Times)
>Sundance cin Oct,1979 (AMOA show)
>Tail gunner cin Oct,1979 (AMOA show)
>Warrior vb Oct,1979 (AMOA show)
>War of the Worlds cin ??.1979

Since this game uses a hacked Star Castle sound board, at least the ones that
made it to the arcades, must have been after Star Castle. (Mine uses a Star
Castle Rev. B sound board).

I also know that this game was worked on for a long time, by quite a few
programmers so no telling when it was conceived. Paul seems to have more
information on this game than I do.

-Zonn

(BTW If it means anything, I'll be gone all next week exploring the back canyon
lands of Death Valley. So if I don't reply to some e-mail, for a week, it's not
because I'm being rude. If I don't reply for two weeks, it IS because I'm being
rude.)

 ------ ___ Member of A.A.C.S.:
 |---- | ( ) Association for Artistically
    / / ( () ) Challenged Signatures