RE: Nightmare? (Was: Re: Cinematronics vector generator...)

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 20:24:34 EST

> Hey, that reminds me...
>
> Clay, what's the status on the Nightmare project?
>
> I've got my extra Food Fight boardset ready to turn into a
> Nightmare boardset... :-)

Ahhh, yes. ;-)

I've got the original Nightmare stuff out again until I got distracted
by the latest run of "interesting" Vector stuff...

Not much since the last update. I found a bunch of the OKI5218 ADPCM
chips on old telephone-system voicemail boards, so I can do the sound
part. The daughtercard will be very Sega-multigame like. I think I
have that all worked out. The part I haven't done yet is just what
needs to change on the actual Food Fight PCB. I need to decide how
involved that needs to be, or if I can just add duplicate logic on my
daughtercard and have my own decoders.

It'll take a while longer-- after I finish this Rev 3 ESB stuff...

-Clay