Re: Battlezone

From: Joel Rosenzweig <joel-r_at_an.hp.com>
Date: Mon Apr 06 1998 - 17:16:41 EDT

Paul Kahler wrote:

> > I've got a question for some of you who have been on vectorlist for a
> > while. Every once in a while a for sale post like this comes through. I
> > understand that the author is letting us know about a possible deal before
> > the rest of the collecting community. Is this ok to do? I have put some
> > vector stuff up in rgvac without posting it here first and I just wanted to
> > get a general feeling if you guys would rather I mentioned it here first?
> > Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Given that it's a fact of life of collecting that we'll be buying and
selling video games and related items, I like "being in the loop" when
it comes to vector game related paraphenalia. I appreciate the random
FS post since it's always on topic to vector games, and it arrives
directly to my mailbox without having to go anywhere. :-)

Anyway, that's obviously just my opinion!

Last night, I had a dream that there was a vector version of Return of
the Jedi. It was a good dream. I'd swear, it was a real game. It's a
shame they went the way of the raster when this game came out. Perhaps,
someday, one of us will be motivated enough to write some code for the
Star Wars platform and make a better version... Hmm.. my todo list is
starting to shrink. (Can't let that happen now .. )

Clay, you're working on disassembling the Star Wars code, right? Did
you say you have a processor pod for the 6809 and your logic analyzer?
Sure sure, ESB shields first, then we need to get to the good stuff!

Joel-