Midway "EARTH FRIEND MISSION"

From: Al Kossow <aek_at_spies.com>
Date: Mon Apr 06 1998 - 20:15:07 EDT

There was a mention of "Earth-Friend" as a possible other Midway vector
game. I received a reply to my posting from someone who has the storyboard
artwork for it. The actual name of the game is "EARTH FRIEND MISSION"

"According to the artist, EARTH, FRIEND, MISSION was only "sampled" --
meaning that between 10 and 12 were produced. From the drawings I have, the
game used either a color X-Y monitor or a color overlay; in either event, by
the time EARTH, FRIEND, MISSION would have been released, the entire industry
had changed to color raster games, so I suspect that Midway didn't want to
produce a game that would appear "dated" as soon as it was released."