Re: Did Tempest Spinner have a foam ring ?

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Fri Apr 10 1998 - 23:23:09 EDT

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, John Robertson wrote:

> I don't remember a foam ring on any game, including Tempest. How long
> would that last in an arcade??? These games were built to be TOUGH!

Not long -- which is why I thought it could possibly have shipped with one,
but was long gone by the time I ever saw it in an arcade. My machine looks
like it went into a personal collection early in it's life.

Hmm -- having a soft grip on the spinner does make the game a bit easier
though. Time to start looking for a replacement I guess !

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/