Re: 6809 assembler and dasm question

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Sun Apr 12 1998 - 01:16:11 EDT

Jeff Hendrix wrote:

> Jess, I have a suggestion for your dissassemblers. Put in some kind of
> switch to turn off the address: that leads every line, and make it enclose
> data and ascii in whatever directives the assembler needs.
> It would also be cool to have it put a label for a subroutine where the
> assembler expects it (I assume this should still be to the left of the
> first instruction of the subroutine)

I can send you a version of Sean's 6809DASM that doesn't print out the
address.
I really like his DASM beacuse it is very versitile with labels and
comments.
Im in the process (ooh, so many processes) of writing up a 6502 Software
development
kit for windows. It will allow you to read in binary data files (best to
paste all
ROM images for one game together into a big mega-file), disassemble them
into opcodes,
allow you to edit the source to your hearts content and then compile it
all back into
a binary file fit for burning. I want to make it table based so that I
can easily port
it to other processors (mostly the 68xx series since I work with
Williams Pins as well).
This will be a major development and Im hoping that it will actually
lead to people 'creating'
their own games for hardware platforms such as Tempest, Star Wars and
Space Duel. Paul...
maybe you can make your dream come true! :-)
  Im writing the whole thing in C++ builder so you mac guys will be left
out but I will hapily give
you the source if you want.

  jess

--
Jess M. Askey            *** Coming Soon - The Game Archive ***
Game Spot/Audio Analyst  *  Pinball, Video, Parts, Collecting *