Can I use WG electronics with an Ampliphone tube?

From: Kgowland <Kgowland_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Apr 15 1998 - 04:52:59 EDT

    I have two working WG6101's and I have been led to believe that the WG HV
and deflection boards can run an Ampliphone tube. Is this true and can the
reverse (Ampliphone boards running a WG tube) be possible? If any of this
will work, what will the resulting picture quality be like? I have seen Star
Wars running on WG's and I don't like it.
     One more question: one of the WG's is displaying jittery vectors but I
don't think the deflection pcb is at fault because it worked fine in the other
unit. Could I have a bad connection from one of the transistors to the
chassis?

Kirby G