Tech: Star Trek Fiberglass

From: Phil Yellott <pyellott_at_longview.net>
Date: Fri May 22 1998 - 22:48:57 EDT

Finally got the Star Trek cockpit home. YEAH!

I got the encoder wheel lubed and cleaned, and I was wondering about the
fiberglass: Mine is sorta off-white or Ivory colored, anyone know what
color it was originally? Any tips for cleaning it? The artwork is in
great shape. The fiberglass has the standard amount of scratches, but
it's all in the plastic, none in the art. I would like to get this back to
looking like mint, as far as possible. Could this be bleached whiter or
painted with some sorta fiberglass paint? Im currently installing wheels
with brakes (2 1/2", 125lb test each, 8 total), since I will need to be
able to move this sucker.

Thanks for all the tips everyone,

Phil

-