Star Wars mathbox PROMs (and PROMs in general)

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue May 26 1998 - 12:52:54 EDT

> Also, if this is the problem, it's probably a good
> idea to replace them all. I was amazed at how much
> colder the newer PROMs would run compared to the
> original ones. Made me feel better ;)

Interesting point... Anyone know who's still making bipolar PROMs? The
only ones I was really sure were in recent production was Signetics.
The reason I ask is that the last batch of 82S137's I bought were not
the 1992+ date codes I usually see-- they were 1986's (still Signetics
brand). I'm wondering if these are starting to get harder to find and
we're eating in to caches of older parts?

-Clay