Re: Tech: I can't get proper focus on Tempest

From: Clay 77 <clay77_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun May 31 1998 - 14:04:13 EDT

>The monitor has been completely rebuilt and capped. It works fine
except I
>can't get the focus to stay right. I have tested the HV board and
deflection
>pcb in another unit and they work perfectly. All power transistors are
good.

****When I rotate the focus knob, the picture will gain focus
momentarily.****

Kirby,
This exact thing happened to me with my MH conversion...frustrating as
hell. John Lee and I went and changed everything on the chassis and
nothing helped. We then swaped in a different tube and viola!
Apparently, there is a screen on the inside of the tube where the image
is focused on, and on my tube this screen was loose and/or damaged. I
don't recall all the technical details but suffice it to say that the
tube was the problem. Good luck.

-Clay Smith