Re: Redesign of boards...

From: Chris Cope <chrisc_at_ppsol.com>
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 23:20:29 EDT

> Clay Cowgill wrote:
>
> > (I'm also thinking of doing a software menu system based multigame
> > Pacman. Two bit score's $240 for dip-switches and EPROMs kinda irks
> > me...)

Yeah, the DIPs are pretty inconvenient. The two ways I can see to do
this from a hardware point of view:

1) add a boot ROM that is active after the Z80 leaves reset. The row
6 ROM has to be inactive or you get bus contention. Once the code
jumps from the boot ROM, the row 6 ROM has to cut in.

2) Put the menu system in the first page of the row 6 ROM. You lose
a game, but no new hardware is needed.

Chris

Chris Cope 303-444-7257 x109
Pinpoint Solutions