Re: Redesign of boards...

From: Kev <mowerman_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 21:44:27 EDT

Clay Cowgill wrote:

> (I'm also thinking of doing a software menu system based multigame
> Pacman. Two bit score's $240 for dip-switches and EPROMs kinda irks
> me...)

 Good! This is what I was hoping for all along, till Bob took the framework
& ran with it. He is making the kit available to RGVACers for $99, but he
has only given credit to one person helping him.

Anyhow, since we are on the subject, Yes I'd like to see a redesign of Pac
Man PCBs. This is something that operators will mention to me that they
would buy (and Galaga).

There are a few xtras to consider, it must go both JAMMA and original Pac
Man harness. Other than that they could care less but I would like to see
the software menu upgrade and maybe a few extra perks. This would be the
best $$ project but would also be the most likely to attract legal attention
too.

Space Invaders has its problems too, if it was simply the SI board that
would be simple enough (assuming you are also doing the audio), but what
about all the other Midway 8080 games that run on this motherboard? Would
it be best to repro just the mother board and retain the Audio/ I/O board
plug. I belive some of the early games used +-15VDC for optical inputs and
12 VDC for audio. Definitely need to replace those RAMs some how.

I'll leave the Vectors to those that have more cranial capacity, I just want
to vote for the linkable Battlezones!

--
Kev                    Mowerman@erols.com    >>REMOVE THE ? to REPLY
Looking for Pac-Man related hacks & Video Game