Vaguely vector...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Jun 08 1998 - 13:52:45 EDT

I just thought this was kinda neat, even though it's not entirely vector
related. I've kinda decided to compete with Two-Bit Score with a rival
pac-man multigame. (but a software selectable one at half their
"retail" price)

Anyway, the vector part-- it turns out that a Sega (vector) Multigame
can be a PacMan multigame by cutting one trace and adding one wire and
reprogramming the PAL. Not bad-- one day's work and it's running!

http://www.e-volve.net/~clay/multipac.html

The bummer is that the PCB is oriented the "wrong" way, so it gets in
the way of the Sync Bus controller daughtercard on Pac. I moved mine to
the back-side of the board for development work, but I think I'll just
replace it entirely with a CPLD for the final version.

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia System, Inc.
\/ Communications Division