Re: FS Tempest on eBay

From: Kev <mowerman_at_erols.com>
Date: Tue Jun 23 1998 - 21:11:54 EDT

Al Kossow wrote:

My feelings have been that the list was for the 'geek clique' that

> the postings were mostly technical, and if someone was getting out
> of vector collecting or had some extra stuff that other technically
> oriented folks could use, that this was a good place to give people
> 'first crack' at the stuff, since I would hope we are (and will stay)
> friends here.

I agree with having FS items in this mailing list providing it is on
friendly terms.

In the past the offerings made here were of a preferentially format, either
allowing fellow vector heads first crack or discounted prices before "going
public".

This may be a elitist type of attitude but I took it to be more of a show of
camaraderie, where the games & collecting come before the $$.

In this particular case I do not like the fact that the item is already in a
auction and then advertised in the news group. I would have preferred to
see the poster set a price (as high as he likes) and post a single ad in
this mailing list. The poster then could give a time (window of
opportunity) for the mailing list to take or refuse his offer, at which
point he would then go to E-bay.

I just see this as a common courtesy for those that want to sell vector
stuff and have benefited from (or simply use) the vector mailing list

--
Kev                    Mowerman@erols.com    >>REMOVE THE ? to REPLY
Looking for Pac-Man related hacks & Video Game