Re: Amplifone jitters

From: Joel Rosenzweig <joel-r_at_an.hp.com>
Date: Thu Jun 25 1998 - 14:19:45 EDT

More Amplifone stuff..

I swapped in a different deflection board last night into the
Amplifone. The severe jitters are now gone, but a small amount
remains. It certainly doesn't seem as stable as it used to be, but it's
quite tolerable. Maybe I'm just being too picky. But I'm a vector nut,
and a Star Wars fan, and the intersection of the two maybe makes me look
too carefully at this particular problem. :-)

In any event, now I know that some component(s) on the deflection board
are out of spec. Anyone have some good guesses as to what it might be?

I'm tempted to replace those 4700uf filter capacitors. Even though I'm
of the camp that transistors either work, or they do not, I'm somehow
tempted to also replace the deflection transistors for good measure.
They are the originals.

Anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks,
Joel-