Oddball G05 setup

From: Doug Jefferys <djeffery_at_multipath.com>
Date: Mon Jul 06 1998 - 16:47:16 EDT

Specifically, a G05 in an Asteroids cocktail, with a somewhat
charred-looking heavy-gauge wire *shorting* across R100.

What was the operator trying to accomplish, and did he succeed?

The monitor works, but after having been in storage for a few
years, the brightness/contrast seem a little off. If the rocks
are bright enough to show up easily through the smoked glass,
the saucers and bullets are very bright and blobby. I can tweak
the brightness/contrast (and focus pot in the HV cage) to get an
acceptable picture, but I have a hunch something's just not quite
right with this beast.

Any ideas?

Later,
Doug.