Can a vector monitor's color be adjusted perfectly?

From: Werner Sharp <wsharp_at_macromedia.com>
Date: Wed Jul 08 1998 - 22:08:33 EDT

After spending an hour the other night trying to get my Gravitar monitor
adjusted just right (and trying to avoid being electrocuted), I'm wondering
whether it's even possible. I'm talking about the alignment of the R, G, B
so they overlap perfectly. Mine's close by the red is skewed somewhat from
the blue. They match up in the center but red is to the left at the top
and to the right at the bottom.

I was think of taking the neck assembly apart and puting some lubricant in
between the magnets so they'll at least slide more easily. There's some
ancient glue that needs to be removed as well.

Any tips from the experts? Can any components be replaced to make it work
better (like on the neck board maybe)?

Thanks.

-Werner

FREE (SF Bay Area pickup only): Cinematronics Star Castle vector monitor,
no electronics, just the tube
FS: Space Duel?, Assault?
WTD: Tempest cabinet (doesn't matter if it was converted, but a vector
monitor for it would be great) [Hey Clay, ship me that control panel yet? :)]