Re: Star Wars Main Board Pin 9

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 12:40:45 EDT

On Jul 13, 12:06pm, Al Warner wrote:
> Subject: Star Wars Main Board Pin 9
> I was looking at the pin-outs for Star Wars on Wiretap and noticed that
> pin 9 on the main board was listed as "Thrust". In my mind there was a
> thread about this somewhere that said that this was a pin without
> logic. Is this true? What is the story behing Star Wars Thrust? That
> would be a cool feature.

Someone tested it out and said it has no effect on game play, but it does show
up during the test mode, so I'm assuming they took the logic for it out of game
play, but not test mode.

Maybe a simple hack would be to build a circuit that would double the clock
speed when the thrust buttons were pressed ;-)

Anyone ever put an autofire circuit in their Star Wars? Now that would be
cool.

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL