Couple of questions

From: Werner Sharp <wsharp_at_macromedia.com>
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 13:47:26 EDT

1. Any way to quiet down the signal noise on an Asteroids board? Are all
boards just noisy or can anything be replaced? I changed the electrolytic
and mylar caps with no effect. The board I have has lots of signal noise
coming from the vector generators. The more vectors being drawn the more
noise on the audio.

2. Any hints on fixing vector generator problems, specifically on a Black
Widow/Gravitar board? I have two boards, both with vector generator
problems. I can handle problems in the CPU side of things, but the vector
side is a pain. The one specifically I'm working on runs in self test for
about 10 seconds with no vectors and then resets. It's waiting for HALT to
activate when it resets.

3. Should hooking up a amplified speaker directly to Aud1/Aud2 on a Black
Widow board generate sounds? It worked for me on an Asteroids but the BW
just gives pops instead of tones (pokeys have been replaced with known good
ones). The schematics say the audio signals are a push/pull signal. I'm
not sure what that means.

Anyone moving/driving from Michigan to California and can move a game for
me? Yeah, I know, wishful thinking.

Thanks for any help.

-Werner