RE: Cat Box

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Jul 21 1998 - 12:41:44 EDT

www.marshall.com is pretty handy... Good online price info...

> > Joe-- are you using Synario? Synario lets you just build the design
> and
> > then the Synario fitter will target it to multiple smaller devices
> if
> > that's what you pick in the device kit...
>
> No, I'm using MACH-XL. Is Synario free? It sounds a lot better
> (already) than MACH-XL. AMD only had MACH-XL on their web page, so I
> figured that was the only deal for compiling to MACH parts.

Vantis recently signed up with Synario and have it in their Mach starter
kit. ($44 with evaluation board and sample Mach211 and Mach111 parts.
Got mine from Marshall, I think.) I had used Synario with the Lattice
stuff so I grabbed the Vantis kit and dove right into that. Works
really well, IMHO. The only gotcha I think is that the "free" version
in the starter kit only supports up to the Mach 211 (I think). They
probably want more $$$ for the Mach4 or Mach5 fitters. Still though,
your local rep might loan you one if you ask nicely enough. ;-)

-Clay