RE: Fluke 9010A question

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Jul 28 1998 - 18:51:58 EDT

> I believe I saw a place in Nuts & Volts selling a 9010A with a z80 pod
> for around $350 but my brain may be messing with me again...

That'd be a good deal, IMHO...

> >How difficult are pods to come by and what prices do they typically
> go
> for.
>
> As Al K. and Clay said, the pods are easy to get if you are willing to
> drop some *serious* cash or very difficult to find if you want to pay
> less than a few hundred.

Yup.

> I suspect the test pods, probes, docs and leads all end up in an
> abandoned warehouse *somewhere* along with all the "missing" battery
> covers for TV/VCR remote controls (not to mention the remotes
> themselves)
> :>

Yeah, that's the problem with anything that's not *permanently* attached
to equipment. Has a tendency to get lost. (How many logic analyzers
have you seen forsale without probes? :-)

> > I found a complete fluke 9100 system brand new with about 16 uP
> pods
> >and about 5 ROM pods for $4,995. Anyone interested in splitting it
> up?
>
> Nice idea but everybody would fight over the z80, 6502 and 6809 pods.
> However, this would give somebody who is trying to fix a Looping
> boardset
> a clear shot at the pod for it (TMS9900?)

Paul Swan has has his systems for a long time. I think he got them
about the time I got mine...

> As for my pod-quest, I'm going to see if I can contact some equipment
> resellers at upcoming hamswaps. Maybe I'll luck out.

Maybe some enterprising individual will open a "rental" program for
Fluke pods. ;-) $250 deposit (refundable) per pod and $20 a week or
something rental charge...

And once in a while there's a "target of opportunity" and you get a pod
for $10 in a junk bin...

-Clay