Re: Fluke 9010A question

From: Alan J McCormick <gonzothegreat_at_juno.com>
Date: Tue Jul 28 1998 - 01:18:42 EDT

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998 22:21:29 -0600 Jess Askey <jess@magenta.com> writes:

>I found a 9010A chassis with no docs or pods for $299. Would this be
rated
>a vectorlist 'good' buy?

I believe I saw a place in Nuts & Volts selling a 9010A with a z80 pod
for around $350 but my brain may be messing with me again...

>How difficult are pods to come by and what prices do they typically go
for.

As Al K. and Clay said, the pods are easy to get if you are willing to
drop some *serious* cash or very difficult to find if you want to pay
less than a few hundred.

I suspect the test pods, probes, docs and leads all end up in an
abandoned warehouse *somewhere* along with all the "missing" battery
covers for TV/VCR remote controls (not to mention the remotes themselves)
:>

> I found a complete fluke 9100 system brand new with about 16 uP pods
>and about 5 ROM pods for $4,995. Anyone interested in splitting it up?

Nice idea but everybody would fight over the z80, 6502 and 6809 pods.
However, this would give somebody who is trying to fix a Looping boardset
a clear shot at the pod for it (TMS9900?)

As for my pod-quest, I'm going to see if I can contact some equipment
resellers at upcoming hamswaps. Maybe I'll luck out.

Virtu-Al

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]