RE: reproducion artwork...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Jul 29 1998 - 14:37:40 EDT

> Did anyone ever layout/design a vector all in one panel to support
> clays
> sega hack ? I seem to remember on in development. I stink as an
> artist, but
> can get short run stuff printed, cost is about $60 a pop though.

Yeah, the high cost of low volume runs has been what's stopped me
before... We've used screen printing directly onto the backside of
textured mylar for stickers for our products. It's about as "close" as
stuff as I've seen to "overlays". It's really tough and more scratch and
break resistant than Lexan (IMHO). I'll ask Doug (the guy doing the
"hard" work on the MultiPac marquees) what he knows about it...

Still though, anytime you need to do screen printing that pesky $$$
figure keeps popping up. (Which is why it's *really* handy having a
friend that can do it at cost-- saves big bucks on film/material/time
billing from a service bureau...)

-Clay