RE: reproducion artwork...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Jul 31 1998 - 12:48:14 EDT

> If he would want to do the Atari one, I'd be more than happy to
> lend him a Space Duel control panel so that it can be sized properly.
> marquee would be real nice as well...something like "Atari Vector
> Classics" in a color scheme similar to Space Duel (that blue/black is
> pretty neat looking) or better....

That'd be cool. :-) I *think* I'm going to have enough interest in the
MultiPac marquee to do a run of 50, but the price is a lot higher than
I'd hoped. (Hence the $35 price tag.) Turns out that screen printing
jobs are about like PCB runs-- pay a lot up front for the setup, but
then the product gets cheaper the more you do... If I could do 1000
MultiPac Marquees I could probably sell them for $10 a pop, but with
only 50... :-( My pain threshold is about $500, so unless I get about
35 pre-orders I don't think I want to foot the bill myself. I'd
*suspect* that there'd be more interest in a vector-version. (not
necessarily more games out there, but more rabid fans. ;-)

> On another note, is there any real difference between the
> vector
> generators that Space Duel and Gravitar use? I was looking at the
> schematics the other night and really couldn't find anything that
> stuck
> out like a sore thumb. Has anyone found any major differences between
> the
> two games hardware wise? Maybe Space Duel really could be banked onto
> Gravitar/Black Widow setup or vice-versa.

Ahhhh, great minds think alike. ;-) This is why I was asking about
Lunar Lander schematics-- I was going to try to do an
Asteroids/AstDeluxe/Lunar Lander Multigame-- based on an Asteroids
board. Then try to do a SpaceDuel/Grav/BW multigame. Make a little
"host" board that an Asteroids and a Space Duel board plug into with a
single set of outputs so you can plug the whole thing into a Space Duel
cabinet...

(I might as well let another cat out of the bag... Did I ever tell you
all about my "color" Asteroids modification? It lets you run Asteroids
on a color monitor with full color. Asteroids are two different colors,
ships another color, scores are another color, shots twinkle, thrust is
another color, etc... Just a hardware mod-- no code changes.)

-Clay