RE: (Color Asteroids (was reproduction artwork...)

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Aug 03 1998 - 18:01:41 EDT

> "Ob. Vector-- was there anyone working on a redesign of the GO-8 drive
> electronics? Seems like with a little bit of work it'd be possible to
> make a HV cage (out of something reasonably common like a GO-7
> flyback)
> that would work in either a GO-8 or a WG61xx with a couple jumper
> settings...
> "
>
> deflection drive or HV drive? I would think the pile of NOS G08 HV
> cages that Tom sold would hold people over for a while. The main
> thing to design out would be those custom exar parts in both the
> G08 HV and deflection circuitry.

I kinda meant both collectively. ;-) I was talking about the HV thing
since I though it would be neat to have one HV cage for either WG or
Electrohome units. (They're both the same same tube, so why not, eh?)

Anyone looking to doubling up the deflection drive transistors on the
Go-8 (ala the WG6400)? Maybe they already did, I can't find my
schematics...

> with a couple of exceptions (LV2000) if you're not doing it,
> Clay, it ain't gettin' done :-<

Heh... I'm starting to get a little burnt out though. Other than
getting MultiPacs built and some little projects (like you and I
discussed, Al) I'm probably going to take a break and get my own stuff
going again. (Went from all games running to having a sick BattleZone,
Pole Position, and Asteroids!)

I actually cringe when I turn things on now... ;-)

-Clay