Star Trek/GO-8

From: Phil Yellott <pyellott_at_longview.net>
Date: Mon Aug 03 1998 - 19:03:34 EDT

I just got the NOS Star Trek kit (for an Asteroids) from John Ardern.

I was looking for a G-08 as a backup for my Cockpit's monitor. Should I
take a nice, solid wood Asteroids I have (with working game, but needs a
cap kit) and take the Asteroids board to run in my Deluxe, and convert the
upright to Star Trek? I figure the G-08 can sit in the upright unless I
need it for the cockpit in the future, till then it can stand beside Star
Wars. I figure I can install the kit with a minimal of damage to the
kit, except for the control panel overlay, monitor bezel, marquee, and side
art, which I would not apply.

Or I can just do the full conversion, gut the asteroids, and sell the
asteroids parts. Would it be worth checking into reproducing some of this
art? I realize there may not be anyone interested in parts for an
Asteroids conversion of Star Trek. From what I've seen, the art is a
full size sticker that covers the whole side of the Asteroids. If any
reproducing were to be done, it should be before I try to apply this kit.

Al, didnt you get one of these kits? What did you do with the parts other
than the monitor?(I remember reading you wanted it for the monitor, like me)

Asteroids cabs are pretty easy to get, right? Should I wait till I get a
good cab but with a non-working Asteroids?

Also should I go ahead and install a switching supply? Probably a couple
of extra fans blowing on the monitor?

Clay, what other games can I run in this cab? (Assuming I convert an
Asteroids to Star Trek)

I always liked Tac-Scan, though I understand it used a vertical mount monitor.

Any info appreciated, thanks all

Phil

-
Phil Yellott (pyellott_at_longview.net) (http://www.tyler.net/zarek)