RE: Star Trek/GO-8

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Aug 03 1998 - 19:22:04 EDT

> Clay, what other games can I run in this cab? (Assuming I convert an
> Asteroids to Star Trek)

My Sega Multigame has Star Trek, Tac/Scan, Eliminator, Space Fury, and
Zektor included on the ROM.

I'm doing the "original vs. new" power supply debate right now on mine.
I'm really leaning towards just putting the switcher in. If nothing
else it'll probably keep the heat down. The Sega Multigame isn't a bad
deal either for keeping the boards cool-- you don't need the EPROM board
in the cage with the multigame installed. (And getting rid of 23 2716
EPROMs makes a big difference in BTU's... ;-)

> I always liked Tac-Scan, though I understand it used a vertical mount
> monitor.

Yep, vertical. There's a header on the Sega Multigame card that outputs
some status information about the game that's running. You can use
those signals to make a X<->Y swapper and scaler to automatically place
Tac/Scan on a horizontal screen...

-Clay