Re: Star Trek/G-80 stuff

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue Aug 04 1998 - 16:10:59 EDT

On Aug 4, 12:55pm, Al Kossow wrote:
> Subject: RE: Star Trek/G-80 stuff
> "In addition, if someone could hack the Eliminator 4-player code to get rid
of
> the nasty timed coining crediting, that would be VERY MUCH appreciated
> (alright, so maybe I'm in the minority there...)
> "
>
> Would you just have "join in" buttons for each player, then?

I'm not sure what you mean by "join in" buttons...you can't join in during the
game (although, that would be an interesting addition :-)) once it's started.
 I'm talking about making it easier to credit the game in the first place; if
you don't hold the credit switch for the exact amount of time it takes for a
coin to drop through the validator, then the switch you pressed is just
ignored, and the demo mode continues.

What's worse is when one player get's it right, then the other players only
have 10 seconds to "correctly time" their credit button presses, or they don't
get to play.

The service switch nicely credits up 4-players automatically and doesn't care
about timing issues, but I'd rather use the credit buttons that I set up so I
don't have to reach inside the game (or have non-games reach inside the
cabinet) or for when less then four players are playing.

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL