Re: I'm A BIG Dummy

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Wed Aug 05 1998 - 21:54:23 EDT

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, John Robertson wrote:

> Hi Chris!
>
> If you are missing the HV, then I don't think the LV2000 kit will help.
> You flyback Xformer has croaked...maybe...check the caps and
> transistors/resistors int he HV cage, there is a chance it can be
> revived. Otherwise there is always my HVraster hack...

Ya know, you really scared me.

Luckily, you were wrong. :-)

Both 5 amp fuses on the deflection board were blown. Built LV2000, went to
replace both fuses --- cursed loudly because it was 11:00 PM and I only had
1 5 AMP slow blow left.

Today bought more fuses. Tested board with new fuses -- -26 working, no
+26V. Gloated that I was right, installed LV2000, played Tempest.

In a way hard to pin down, the pictures actually looks better. It's like the
colors are brighter, or sharper. I thought maybe it was just me being happy
my burnt hands weren't in vain, but my wife agrees with me.

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/