Re: Lunar Battle :-0

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 00:48:11 EDT

Joel Rosenzweig wrote:

> Jess,
>
> Let me preface this by saying that I'm not personally interested in
> Alpha 1 or Alpha 2 rom images. I'm merely commenting because the
> content of your message bothered me enough to write.
>
> I would just like to point out that you are among friends here. We all
> share the same love of vector games, which really is the point of our
> gathering here. It just seems to me that there would actually be more
> enjoyment knowing that you could give birth to a game (so to speak) by
> giving it away to the general public, than hiding it, thereby keeping it
> out of sight from others who might similarly really enjoy your unique
> find. I understand the novelty of having "the only one" in existance,
> but in the end, I don't believe that it diminishes anything to know that
> others, who love vector games just like you and me, are enjoying this
> "new" game, too.

Well, Im sort of confused by the responses to my first post. I sincerely
didn't mean
to come across in they way everyone perceived. If you notice near
the end you will definitely notice that Alpha 1 is available and as
playable as
possible on a public emulator. Since the memory map is undocumented in
schematics
none of the player I/O has been figured out yet (by me at least). I
don't have the
equipment to easily figure out a memory map except by using an ohmmeter
so you can
probably understand why it has not been done yet.
  Im sort of puzzled why no one responded with 'Which emulator is it?'.
C'mon guys,
"wots uh the deal" here. I have no problem with vector lovers playing
the game but I really
don't want all the trendy people that write me 10 times a day asking for
emulator ROM images
to have the game when they obviously don't care where the game came from
but just want to
have all 6 zillion games that can run on M**M. (Even tho that is not the
correct EMU(Hint Hint)
  I guess my sarcastic and playful tone just can't not be taken
non-seriously here? Is my
grammar to be questioned next?
I sincerely hope that no one gets offended by this, if so, I apologize.
But hey, not one
person on vectorlist has even asked for the ROM images.

rambling again... :-0

   jess :-)

--
Jess M. Askey              ********* The Game Archive ***********
GameArchive/Audio Analyst  *  Pinball, Video, Parts, Collecting *