Re: Lunar Battle (fwd)

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 00:53:40 EDT

> From: retrodaddy@usa.net (The Retrodaddy)

> Can anyone verify the number of Alpha 1 or 2 machines actually known
> to be produced? I was offered a new job today at a local operator,
> and I could have sworn there was an alpha 1 or 2 in his warehouse.
> I'm not just saying this to stir up trouble, just curious as to
> whether or not I might have actually found something that awful rare,
> or my mind was playing tricks. He does have quite a bit of vector
> parts that I went ahead and bought, but nothing that strikes a person
> with awe or anything. I'll probably offer them here, as I don't have
> the masochistic streak to enjoy vector stuff enough to keep it. :>

Well as far as I know the Alpha 1 that I have (not Alpha 2, as far as I
know,
that is a typo that has been propagated) is one of a kind. The
programmer for
Major Havoc doesn't even remember the game being called 'Alpha 1'. There
is
quite a long explanation of the history of Major Havoc/Tollian Web/Alpha
1 available
at
http://www.gamearchive.com/video/manufacturer/atari/vector/html/alpha_1.html

All Tollian Web boards are early production versions of Major Havoc.

jess

--
Jess M. Askey              ********* The Game Archive ***********
GameArchive/Audio Analyst  *  Pinball, Video, Parts, Collecting *