Re: Lunar Battle

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 00:58:07 EDT

Mitchell Rohde wrote:

> And I'll ad my 2 cents...
>
> With all due respect, beta rom images of an old circuit board are
> not exactly a Monet or Picasso. I can appreciate that this is a
> collecting hobby, etc etc... but if someone asked me for a copy
> of some lousy roms, no matter how excited I might be about them, I'd
> fork them over. The only thing to worry about is frying them when
> sucking the data (handling, shock, etc killing the roms). And if you
> have the stuff on disk already...

Exactly!!! The Alpha 1 gameplay is basically a very simplistic version
of Major Havoc.
The sound effects are rough, gameplay is buggy, only half the number of
levels. Not really
much fun to play. The production version is much more interesting to say
the least. The only
really neat thing about the game is that the hardware is one-of-a-kind
and the cabinet is
in a really nice converted crystal castles upright and all the overlays
are hand made.

> BTW, what's the point of playing with the beta other than for
> comparison or disassembly/hacking purposes? The game will most
> likely be much better in final form...

100% correct.

jess

--
Jess M. Askey              ********* The Game Archive ***********
GameArchive/Audio Analyst  *  Pinball, Video, Parts, Collecting *