Re: Lunar Battle :-0

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 01:42:39 EDT

Al Kossow wrote:

> Ok, I wasn't going to say anything about this, but since
> you've given the hint. Neil Bradley's "Retrocade" will
> eventually have support for Lunar Battle and Alpha 1, but
> the prom sets for both games will be encrypted, making
> them useless to anyone else. I haven't asked you for them
> since I have no personal need for them, and, with a couple
> of exceptions (like if someone explictly asks me not to)
> I will always give manuals, schematics, and rom data to
> anyone who asks me for them, on the "balance of favors"
> principle.

Yep, absoloutley right. The ROM images for Alpha 1 were scrambled and
Neil was given the key. I did this in an attempt to keep the game away
from MAME but it won't stop them from getting it eventually (those guys
are pretty good!). It was meant to give Retrocade a small edge over MAME
since Neil was one of the original vector EMUlators (Along with Eric!).

  Jess

--
Jess M. Askey              ********* The Game Archive ***********
GameArchive/Audio Analyst  *  Pinball, Video, Parts, Collecting *