Re: Lunar Battle :-0

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 22:02:39 EDT

> a few people would go thru the hassle and make one, but I doubt someone like
> clay will go and make a daughter card upgrade. Obviously, the emulators will
> make using the data a much easier job. But if you ask, me, the emulators are
> junk. There is nothing like playing the real thing.

Exactly.. I have absolutely no desire to play the emulators. I really dont
have a desire to own alpha 1 either just because the game wont be nearly
as cool as Major Havoc..

> I don't pay too much attention to the emulators, but I think one group is
> holding out data from another. That would REALLY PISS me off! A few years
> ago I gladly gave up the data to a few of my rare games. At the time, I
> think I had the only barrier and possibly inferno. Recently I have been
> trying very hard to find data for use in the emulators. I think I have had
> a hand in adding a few more games to the database...

I helped add one rare game.. I have never even played it on the
emulator either.

> Well, If some emulator group is withholding data, maybe something should be
> done to compel them to share? Maybe newly acquired data should be held and
> encrypted to keep it away from them. This would be a sad thing to do, but if
> it would work to solve future problems, maybe it should be considered..

The thing is there are very few people that can fully appreciate a game
like Alpha 1 in the EMU community anyway.. and most of the people that
will DL it probably will only play it once and delete it. So what is the
point of making it public anyway? MH is emulated isn't it? The only
real selling point is that the person who's EMU it is on can say,"hey! I
have this proto game on my EMU!" My opinion is
that Jess should keep it to himself if he wants to.. I've never played it,
but If I did I'd want to play that cool proto cabinet and get the full
effect! I dont think I'd bother getting the emulator.