Re: FS: Vector related stuff

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 01:54:11 EDT

Zonn wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Aug 1998 19:28:09 -0700, John Robertson <jrr@flippers.com> wrote:
>
> > Not really, but if I wanted to sell something I promise to only post ...

> I'd prefer in the future you not post any "FA:" at all. I think allowing you to
> do so would give you an advantage over others who might want to also post to
> this list.
>
> And if everyone who wanted to start an auction posted to this list once, the
> majority of post would very soon be "one post a piece by all those that want to
> 'start' an auction."
>
> >This ought to start a thread... ;-)
>
> Hmm... From this comment, am I to assume you felt this was most likely an
> improper message for this mailing list -- before pressing the send key?
>
> -Zonn

Hi Zonn!

Well, not seeing many posts for sale, but at the same time folks are
selling a bunch of vector related items, accessories and neat new
designs, I thought that the injection of a couple of old rarer games
would not be out of place. I do not plan on using this to promote the
regular stuff (Star Wars, Space Wars, Speed Freaks, etc) just the
unusual. So the question raised is, do a fair number of the folks, both
posters and lurkers agree to the once a year or so FA: posts? Or should
this just be noted in RGVAM?

Flames welcome, I'll put on my silver suit...

I too do not want the lists become spam sales media.

John :-#?#

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com