Re: SW Aplifone repair, Part 2

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Aug 30 1998 - 13:22:21 EDT

Shortly will have the FBT testor in stock...otherwise if you have access
to an audio signal generator ad a scope you can feed the flyback with
the audio signal @ 19,00KhZ (or so), at about 10 volts, and check what
the other output lines on the FBT look like. They should be either
higher or lower amplitude, corresponding to their relative voltages in a
"Working" FBT. So if the original FBT has a 60V input swing, and one
output is about 400V, then with 10V in, you should get about 68V out of
the "400"v section. IF the signal is rather degraded, then the FBT is
shorted on at least one turn. The scope is so you can look at the input
signal and compare it to the output, they should look similar (a sine
wave hopefuly)

John :-#)#

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com