FS: (AL) Star Wars UR

From: Dave Turner <david_at_hiwaay.net>
Date: Sun Sep 06 1998 - 18:42:15 EDT

FOR SALE in Huntsville, AL:

Atari Star Wars upright video game. This game is in great shape. I would
estimate that it is at least a 9/10, having very few flaws (described
later).

The bad news: This UR has an Amplifone monitor, which is currently NOT
working.
I don't think it is getting high voltage, but can't be sure. It is
probably the
HV (flyback) transformer, but may be another problem. This game includes
TWO
High Voltage boards for your amusement.

The good news: The actual game is working based on the sounds when you
power it
up. All the fire buttons work and it seems like the contols work. The
flight
control is smooth and solid, as it the buttons.

Here is all the things I can tell you without a picture. The marquee is
in great
shape except it has some cracking on the lower left edge. A little glue
could
tack it down. The control panel is also in great shape, but does have a
(very)
few cigarette burns which is not very noticeable. The right front of the
control
panel has a slight scrape, also not very noticeable. Side art is
complete and
looks really great. There are about two or three blemishes such as some
black
paint overspray about 1/2 inch into the decal and a touched up spot
about the
size of a quarter on a black part of the decal. There is small scrape on
one
side, but it is small and is completely in the black part so it would be
an easy
touchup. It comes with some Amplifone repair manuals and schematics (one
is an
original, other is copy). Still has the instruction summary stapled to
the back
door. It does need a new power cord (or a splice). Summary: It's a good,
clean,
solid game which I feel would be hard to find in this condition. If I
wasn't in
such a hurry for money I would sell it on Ebay and get rich <grin>.

Reason for selling: Well, I was debating on whether to sell. I have a
mobile
home so it is really too big. But the mowers hit my outside AC unit and
I think
it is going out (starting to get warm in here) so I *REALLY* need the
cash to
have it checked out, thus tipping the balance toward selling.

Price: About $400, obo. I would also consider a cabaret machine and a
little
cash. The faster you reply the better... I am motivated to sell right
now. No
shipping available, but if you send me a deposit, I will hold the game
until you
can pass though this area.

Thanks, ** Dave Turner / david@hiwaay.net **