Amplifone Help!

From: Al Warner <batlzone_at_cyberenet.net>
Date: Tue Sep 15 1998 - 11:40:00 EDT

Hi everyone,

My Amplifone has developed a problem. There is no glow in the tube and
it has no picture. I can still hear the vectors being drawn. I am of
the conclusion that this is a HV problem. The unit has a Wintron FB on
it, but it is at least 7 years old (according to Wintron). I asked John
Robertson about helping me with his retrofit of the WG-4600 FB, but he
will be unable to help me for some time. I have a spare 4600 chassis so
I could really use some help from someone who has done it. Can anyone
help?

Thanks,

-Al-

PS - The new FB from Wintron is $190.00 plus shipping and they are out.
Zanen's replacement will be out in a few months at less than half of
that. I'd like to get my SW working again, it's the best game in my
collection and I miss it after only 3 days.

PPS - I'd consider purchasing a good WG-6100 if anyone has an affordable
one!

-=               Al Warner batlzone@cyberenet.net                   =-
-= Owner of "Magic Sword", "AmeriDarts", "Stargate", "Toobin'",     =-
-= "Frogger", "Battlezone", "Star Wars", "Galaga" and "Dig Dug"     =-
-= arcade video games.  Learn how to install a Cap Kit and see some =-
-= of these games at http://www.cyberenet.net/~batlzone             =-