RE: WG 6100 XY problems...

From: Anders Knudsen <Anders_Knudsen_at_btc.adaptec.com>
Date: Wed Sep 16 1998 - 11:41:35 EDT

At 09:44 AM 9/16/98 -0400, you wrote:

>>Is your HV cage cover installed ? I just recapped/LV2000 a WG 6100 and
>>it was wavy afterwards as well. I had left the cover off the HV cage to
>>keep it cooler, but when I put it back on the waves went away !
>
>Yes, it is. I also tried a good deflection board with that HV cage and it
>was fine.
>
>Could a noisy LV supply possibly cause this? I have to check it...

Very possible. If you've tried this deflection pcb on several different
games, and it exhibits the same "problem", then it's probably not a game
pcb problem. If you have access to a scope, measure the DC off the LV
supply and zoom in to see if there is excessive ripple. If so, replace
transistors/caps on LV supply or install an LV2000.
Only other thing I can think of off the top of my head, is that you are
getting some kind of 60Hz noise in the monitor. 60Hz noise would show up as
slow wavy stuff. This would be caused by a grounding problem. Does the main
power cord have a ground plug?

-Anders.