Re: WG 6100 XY problems...

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Wed Sep 16 1998 - 12:28:45 EDT

On Sep 16, 9:41am, Anders Knudsen wrote:
> Subject: RE: WG 6100 XY problems...
> At 09:44 AM 9/16/98 -0400, you wrote:
>
> Very possible. If you've tried this deflection pcb on several different
> games, and it exhibits the same "problem", then it's probably not a game
> pcb problem. If you have access to a scope, measure the DC off the LV
> supply and zoom in to see if there is excessive ripple. If so, replace
> transistors/caps on LV supply or install an LV2000.
> Only other thing I can think of off the top of my head, is that you are
> getting some kind of 60Hz noise in the monitor. 60Hz noise would show up as
> slow wavy stuff. This would be caused by a grounding problem. Does the main
> power cord have a ground plug?

Now that you mention it, you may want to check other things that can cause line
voltage noise, like cooling fans and florecent light fixtures. Of course, if
you're testing the monitor on a test bench, these things probably won't apply
:-)

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL