RE: WG 6100 XY problems...

From: Paul Tonizzo <tonizzo_at_sybase.com>
Date: Wed Sep 16 1998 - 12:49:03 EDT

>>Could a noisy LV supply possibly cause this? I have to check it...
>>

>Very possible. If you've tried this deflection pcb on several different
>games, and it exhibits the same "problem", then it's probably not a game
>pcb problem. If you have access to a scope, measure the DC off the LV

I did try it with different boards and I'm definately sure it is only this
particular
deflection board at fault.

>supply and zoom in to see if there is excessive ripple. If so, replace
>transistors/caps on LV supply or install an LV2000.
>Only other thing I can think of off the top of my head, is that you are
>getting some kind of 60Hz noise in the monitor. 60Hz noise would show up
as
>slow wavy stuff. This would be caused by a grounding problem. Does the
main
>power cord have a ground plug?

Yes, it does. I did have to fix a problem in the LV area earlier but did
not
replace both caps. I can check the voltages on a scope and see how they
look.

I ordered an LV-2000 for my one good board a while back (works great!) and
would like another. (You can email me offline with details.)

Thanks Anders,

Paul