RE: Tempest schematics

From: Christopher V. Moore <cmoore_at_heartlab.com>
Date: Thu Sep 17 1998 - 09:51:01 EDT

At 07:13 AM 9/17/98 -0600, you wrote:
>> From: Werner Sharp[SMTP:wsharp@macromedia.com]
>>
>> You can download a free trial version of Freehand at...
>>
>> http://www.macromedia.com/software/freehand/download/
>>
>> Save is disabled but printing should still work.
>>
>> I tried it. It won't load those big TIFs.
>>
>> Brendan Keith
>> brendan.keith@wilcom.com

Here is another way of printing out those tiff files.

I searched shareware.com and found docvu31.zip. The real name is DocView
by Infomatik out of PA. Its a shareware document viewer written in Visual
Basic. It needs VBRUN300.dll as well which I also got via shareware.com.
Its' real slow but it worked and I was able to open and print the Lunar
Lander schematics. What is nice about the program is that it can scale the
TIF image to the available printer page size. I printed the LL schematics
to the 'A' size (8.5 x 11) sheet of paper. I had to switch to landscape on
my laser printer but it worked. The text was real small since I believe the
original schematics are 'C' size (17 x 22). However, it was readable. I
think that printing to legal or 'B' size paper would be much easier on the
eyes though.

I has a 30 day evaluation period and has a $39.00 registration fee.

-Chris M.

BTW, I have no connection with the company.

--
Christopher V. Moore -- Principal Engineeer
Heartlab, Inc. - 101 Airport Rd - Westerly, RI 02891 -- www.heartlab.com