Re: Lttle projects... (was: linear vs...)

From: Joel Rosenzweig <joel-r_at_an.hp.com>
Date: Wed Sep 30 1998 - 09:10:23 EDT

Clay Cowgill wrote:

> > CPU Get Well Kit (the previously "secret" Al/Clay idea ;-)
> >
> (I'll have a bunch of different versions [B/W Football, B/W Baseball,
> Centipede, Tempest, BattleZone, Missile Command, etc...] available, so
> the less technical people can just order one for game "xxxx" and
> possibly fix a handful of bad ROMs and RAMs with one "new" part.)

Now that's cool. Anything that replaces the evil 2114 is a good thing. It
seems that the addition of one of these "modules" to every Atari vector
would be a boon given the lack of quality of the RAM of that era. On my
vector games, 2114 failures are second only to op-amp failures. I bet this
module would bring many Asteroids boards back to life. I'm tired of
debugging those beasts.. :-)

Joel-