Re: (Hopefully) simple Battle Zone problem

From: Al Warner <batlzone_at_cyberenet.net>
Date: Sun Oct 11 1998 - 09:23:09 EDT

Hi Chris,

I had a similar problem with my BZ; it would sorta "Bounce" between being the
right size and too big. Seemed heat related. I figured I would attack the high
heat spots first, notably the deflection transistors in the monitor. I started
to purchase them (they are VERY expensive) and I also decided to replace the two
Transistors that mount on the sides of the HV cage. Replacing these two fixed
my problem. You may want to try some freeze spray to try and find the failing
transistor, I wish I had done that.

There is a schematic with parts list at
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/9862/page01.html for the WG 19V2000
, that will give you the part numbers.

Good Luck!

-Al-

Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

> Just picked up a Battle Zone tonight. Great shape, looked like it was
> running perfect.
>
> After it had been running a while though, I notice the Y-axis was too big,
> so I trimed it down. All the way down, it's still off the top. Hmmm.
>
> Turn it off, come back later,turn it on, and the pitcure is shrunk down
> where you would expect it to be. As it warms up though, the picture starts
> to grow up, out of the view area.

From reading the various FAQs, it sounds closest to a cap problem, though I
> didn't see any descriptions that actually mention that problem. I'ld
> apprecaite any input, if I'm on the right track, or shouuld be looking
> elsewhere.
>
> Thanks !
>
> -Chris

> Chris Candreva -- chris@westnet.com -- (914) 967-7816
> WestNet Internet Services of Westchester
> http://www.westnet.com/

-=               Al Warner batlzone@cyberenet.net                   =-
-= Owner of "Magic Sword", "AmeriDarts", "Stargate", "Toobin'",     =-
-= "Frogger", "Battlezone", "Star Wars", "Empire Strikes Back",     =-
-= "Galaga" and "Dig Dug" arcade video games and "The Simpsons"     =-
-= Pinball.  Learn how to install a Cap Kit in your video game's    =-
-= monitor and see some of these games on my web page at:           =-
-=               http://www.cyberenet.net/~batlzone                 =-