Re: Cine Exorcisor

From: Mike Benedict <benedict_m_at_palmer.edu>
Date: Tue Oct 13 1998 - 09:48:52 EDT

At 13:43 10/12/1998 -0500, you wrote:

> This came up on RGVAC about a month ago, and I put out a
>feeler to see how many people would be interested in buying one at
>the cost of $50 - $100 if I have another batch of boards
>professionally done. I got maybe 4 or 5 replies -- definitely not
>enough to warrant having any done.

I don't remember if I saw this message or not, but I definitely want one
and hope that my name is on your list from our previous e-mails.

> I still have some unpopulated boards left, but I need to
>work out the details about how I would distribute them if I were to
>populate them. One of the reasons for this is that these "rev A"
>Exorcisors have a design flaw -- I didn't buffer the outputs of the
>MACH part, and it is uncertain whether or not those parts can
>drive the cables reliably. I've gotten it to work with some fancy
>cables, but I can't emphatically say that every Exorcisor will
>work fine, no matter what.

I'm no EE but, would it be possible to kludge a daughter buffer board were
the existing probes connections are?

> Just a reminder: A Cine. Exorcisor is only useful if you
>have a Signature Analyzer. Some compatable Signature Analyzers are
>the HP 5004, the Atari CAT Box Sig. Analyzer, or I've been told that

The analyzers were all over the Dayton Hamconvention earlier this year. I
picked up three HP analyzers (2 HP5004, and 1 HP5006) at for what I thought
were very attractive prices.

>Also, you'll need to make your own Exorcisor cables (One of the
>cables is on the borderline of "tedious" to make, and I don't have
>to time to do it for everybody that wants one.)

I may be nuts, but I do like tedious, detailed work. Need a volunteer?
Where do I sign? :-)

Mike Benedict