Re: (Hopefully) simple Battle Zone problem

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 12:00:46 EDT

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, David Shoemaker wrote:

> Sounds to me like the classic "Blooming" problem with the BW X/Y's. The
> diode on the wire going to the tube is failing resulting in the HV being
> wrong.

DING DING DING DING DING !! We have a winner !

Put the Mr. Freeze on it, and the screen went back to normal.

Of course, GeoCities picks this moment to go into slow mode so I can't check
Smash TV's site with the schematic to see what diode it is. ARGH!!

I'm tempted to just offer him free space for the site . . .

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/